Service Success Specialist Position
WiscNet is looking for a dynamic, technically sharp individual with outstanding member focus and team engagement skills to join our Service Success Team. The Service Success Specialist is responsible for successful delivery of services. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the promotion, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of WiscNet services. Moreover, as a member of the WiscNet Service Success team, this individual interacts closely with all other teams in the organization to work on projects and tasks that meet the demands of the ever- changing technology needs of the membership.
WiscNet was established in 1989 as one of the first statewide education, research, and public service data network associations in the United States. Today, WiscNet is a non-profit association and multimedia communication network that provides Internet access and value-added services to a growing number of education and government organizations in the state of Wisconsin. WiscNet members include the Wisconsin Technical College System, Wisconsin’s private colleges and universities, libraries and library systems, health care facilities, agencies of the State of Wisconsin, city and county governments, and public and private K-12 school districts. WiscNet is governed by an elected Board of Directors and is funded by membership fees.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops long-term and trusted relationships with members through outstanding technical support of WiscNet services.
- Provides high-quality technical assistance to members by responding to inquiries in a prompt and professional matter. Keeps member updated on pending problems until resolution.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem resolution with educational focus by learning from the problem and sharing knowledge.
- Pursues problem resolution until completion with the help of team members or by engaging third party help when appropriate.
- Provides trouble resolution procedural documentation or relevant reports as needed.
- Interacts closely with WiscNet Network Operations Center to ensure high-quality monitor and incident response of member connections.
- Maintains member data up-to-date in WiscNet database systems.
- Maintain member facing applications, such as the WiscNet Status Page and the WiscNet Bandwidth Utilization Graphing System
Responsible for service deployment with outstanding customer service.
- Coordinates, configures and tests, new member network connection services.
- Coordinates, configures and tests, existing members’ connections upgrades and conversions.
- Coordinates, configures and tests security services, datacenter services, and web services provided by WiscNet.
- Provides service training and appropriate support material for members
Promotes WiscNet service offerings to new and existing members.
- Educates new members of available services
- Aligns member technical needs with available WiscNet services by making technical presentations and demonstrating how a service meets those needs.
Excels in team performance
- Actively participates in special projects relevant to the WiscNet Membership
- Actively participates is special projects with other WiscNet teams.
- Performs any other functions assigned by direct supervisors.
- Member focus: outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Time and project management skills
- Advanced communication skills: effective listening skills, ability to speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Interpersonal skills and team focus
- Functional and technical skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Able to learn independently and with group
- Action oriented.
- The position requires occasional traveling and on-call availability.
- A degree related to information technology and/or three years of experience in IT.
TECHNICAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of wide area networks and local area network technologies
- Router, switch and firewall configuration
- Knowledge of the Cisco OSI model and how it applies to supporting network services
- Knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols
- DNS configuration
- Web security support and troubleshooting
- LINUX commands
- Juniper technologies
- Impact analysis
- Knowledge of fiber technologies
- Experience with creating and maintaining accurate data